Shelley Case is an incredible resource to the gluten-free community. Shelley is a registered dietitian, author, speaker and consultant with more than 30 years’ experience. She is a member of the Medical Advisory Boards of both CDF and GIG here in the US, and on the Professional Advisory Council of the Canadian Celiac Association. She is, indeed, Canadian and has the best accent to boot.
Shelley often gives presentations across the globe about celiac disease. She knows everything about the disease and the gluten-free diet. It’s a real honor to know her, but you all have the opportunity to soak up all of this knowledge by reading this book. Shelley’s best-selling book is everywhere and for everyone – newly diagnosed, family and friends of celiacs, doctors and GIs, the medical industry, and the food/beverage industry. Every restaurant owner in the US would be able to offer better service to specialty diet consumers if they would just pick up this book. And I’m definitely not above being passive aggressive and ordering copies of this to give to CEOs of major restaurant chains.
Here’s all the things you will learn (or expand upon your existing knowledge on) in this book:
- Celiac disease & non-celiac gluten sensitivity
- Safe foods & those to avoid
- Frequently questioned ingredients such as flavors, vinegars, wheat starch, glucose syrup, oats, alcohol and more
- Gluten-free alternatives
- Healthy gluten-free living tips
- Nutrient content of GF grains, flours, starches, legumes, nuts, seeds and other foods
- Meal planning ideas
- Gluten-free cooking & baking
- Delicious recipes with nutritional analysis
- Gluten & food allergen labeling in the U.S. & Canada
- Gluten-free shopping
- Preventing cross-contamination
- Eating out and traveling
- More than 3700 gluten-free products listed by company & product name
- Comprehensive directory of over 220 companies
- Gluten-free books, cookbooks, magazines and other resources
I’m telling you, this book is on my MUST BUY LIST for people who have celiac disease – new or not. It’s so comprehensive. When I give talks across the country, I recommend this book.
You can buy a copy of Shelley’s book “Gluten Free The Definitive Resource Guide” on her website – and you’ll get free shipping until the end of May! Want to win a copy of “Gluten Free The Definitive Resource Guide” with Celiac and the Beast? Shelley is giving away a copy to a lucky reader! Enter to win using the Rafflecopter below!
**I have not been compensated for this review and promotion, but I did receive a book for free.**