This post is sponsored by Tom’s of Maine® and all opinions are my own.
It’s back-to-school time for many of us, and the air is scented with bouquets of freshly sharpened pencils. Oh who am I kidding, it’s freshly-charged iPads. But the back-to-school shopping routine is still the same – wandering down aisles filled with binders, glue sticks, and locker accoutrement. Back-to-school time is truly my favorite time of the year. While I don’t have kids, I love the idea of a refresh and rebirth every year, and of course – an excuse for buying new sharpies and sticky notes! While I’ve finished school long long ago (yes, we did have computers when I was in school), I still find myself excited to take a trip to the store to see what’s new for school kids – from little ones all the way up to big kids buying lunch boxes! Especially in our gluten-free world, there are always new things to buy, new lunch snacks to pack, and of course, new bath and beauty products to help children, especially teens, navigate the school year.
I’ve partnered with Tom’s of Maine® to show you some new gluten-free bath and beauty products to keep your kids healthy and happy during the school year. I’ve even included a fun DIY craft to make sure that they leave the house feeling (and honestly, smelling) their best before class.
KEEP THOSE TEETH HAPPY
There are several kid-friendly toothpaste options from Tom’s of Maine. The toothpaste is 100% sourced from natural ingredients and free from gluten. The tubes are easy to manage – it’s a pop-top with the lid attached. No more lost toothpaste caps! The kid-friendly flavors can help them to brush their teeth longer!
- Silly Strawberry Fluoride Free Toothpaste uses silica and calcium to gently clean the teeth.
- The Fruitilicious Children’s Gel Toothpaste fights cavities and strengthens enamel with fluoride. It’s dye free too!
- Use Tom’s of Maine BPA-free toothbrush with a child-sized handle for the little ones. The toothbrush itself is plant-based and the handle is made with mineral-based pigments and 99% made from renewable castor oil plants.
KEEPING YOUR PITS HAPPY
Looking for a kid-friendly deodorant? Check out Tom’s of Maine “tween” friendly deodorant. The Wicked Cool™ Teen Deodorants made with fragrances specifically-designed for each gender. They are free from gluten, aluminum, parabens, preservatives, and artificial fragrances.
KEEPING MOM HAPPY
A simple DIY project placed strategically in the bathroom can help remind kids and teens to finish the necessities before leaving the house. Did you brush your teeth? Did you put on deodorant? Did you pack your lunch? By having a color-coded safety pin, your child can put a proverbial check mark on the morning’s tasks before school. Sometimes it’s hard to remember to brush your teeth or put on deodorant. As an adult, sometimes I leave the house and on the drive to work, in a panic I try to remember if I put on deodorant! Too many times have I pulled into the corner drug store to get a travel stick of deodorant! Even if you’re not crafty, you can make a tool to help everyone get ready in the AM.
- Get a magnet-backed chip clip
- Cut out a cloud of heavy-duty construction paper
- Use extra-strength double sided tape, or packing tape looped on itself to affix the “cloud” to the chip clip.
- Make a longer sheet of the heavy-duty construction paper long enough to fit the tasks, but short enough to keep their attention
- Clip the task list onto the chip clip – no tape needed!
- Color-code safety pins for each child using Sharpie or their favorite nail polish
- Find a magnetic surface in the bathroom that is in the line of sight with their oral care and beauty products
- Let the child know that each morning, these x number of tasks need to be done before they leave the house – for everyone’s sake!
BACK TO SCHOOL WITH TOM’S OF MAINE
By choosing Tom’s of Maine products, you’re helping children in need getting the essential school supplies. Check out their Back-to-School Program with the Kids in Need Foundation – no purchase necessary!
LOOKING FOR TOM’S OF MAINE? TRY SPROUTS
I find Tom’s of Maine products at my local Sprouts grocery store. They’re found in the natural bath and beauty section. Sprouts always has awesome prices on products and a helpful staff member in the health section at all times!
Thanks again to Tom’s of Maine for the partnership and have an awesome Back-To-School season! Be on the look out for Celiac and the Beast’s back-to-school guide up soon!