Pretty soon I’m off to the International Food Bloggers Conference in Seattle, WA. This will be my third year there! Not only is it a perfect conference because it’s all about food – it’s also great because I get to spend more time in one of my favorite cities – Seattle! I go at least once a year and just love every second I spend in the rainy city.
I’m pretty excited about this year’s IFBC. Let’s see all the cool sessions I get to be a part of:
Taste of Seattle Grand Opening Reception & Gift Suite, Grand Tasting Wine Reception, and the Culinary Fair and Expo! As well as the following Discovery & Breakout Sessions:
- How to Create Standout Holiday Content Presented by Anolon with Irvin Lin of Eat the Love and Sarah Flotard, Food Stylist
- Krusteaz Hands-On Cookie Swap Hosted by Krusteaz
- Breakout Session Hosted by Teavana
- What Do You Do After You Hit Publish? Led by social media experts Lorraine Goldberg(Allrecipes.com) and Rebecca Coleman (British Columbia Institute of Technology & Cooking By Laptop).
- Honing the Craft. Join award-winning food writer Jess Thomson (Hogwash) as she explores what makes personal narrative work, how she’s developed her voice, and where her own writing process starts.
- Writing, Food Photography and Prop Styling. Join Andie Mitchell (Can You Stay For Dinner and The New York Times best-selling author), Aran Goyoaga(Cannelle et Vanille, author, food photographer, food stylist),and Jenn Elliott Blake (A Blog Named Scout and prop stylist).
- Bubbles and Bites: Why Sparkling Wine is the Best Food Wine Presented by Italy’s Best Bubbles: Franciacorta and Stoneburner Restuarant
- Curriculamb 101: From Pasture to Plate. Local lamb and global flavors are featured in this everything you want to know about lamb class.
- The Plan and The Pitch. Hosted by Tara Austen Weaver, author and editor of Edible Seattle, and writer Naomi Tomky, this session is a game changer for anyone wanting to advance their career in food writing.
- Food Trends: How to Identify and Use Them To Your Blog’s Advantage. Join Flavor & The Menu‘s managing editor, Katie Ayoub, and Judith Dern from Allrecipes.com as they teach us how to discover these trends and capitalize on them.
- Cooking With Cannabis. Join Executive Chef Jeremy Cooper as he takes you on what is sure to be an unforgettable culinary adventure (don’t worry, you’ll leave the session with all your faculties intact).
- Hungry for Words: Journalism 101 for Food Bloggers
- Food Photography with Christopher Testani
They started their excursion program last year, and I was one of a handful (two vans full to be exact) of bloggers that got to attend the Sur La Table test kitchen to meet with KitchenAid and Sur La Table executives. It was pretty amazing to be around these spectacular brands.
I had WAY too much fun at last year’s outing at Sur La Table test kitchen with KitchenAid. Check out some of the photos from last year’s event featuring the 2014 PROLINE of gadgets!
I left with more swag than I could have imagined. KitchenAid and Sur La Table were very generous. As I get more and more serious about cooking and baking, the more I realize that the products that these brands provide are necessary if you want to do it right (not just half-ass things in the kitchen like what I’m used to doing).
I can’t wait for this year’s excursion. We just got a note that KitchenAid & Sur La Table will be featuring:
KitchenAid Spiralizer Attachment (on promo for under $100) to make as many zoodles as your little heart desires.
Sur La Table’s pumpkin spice and holiday treats collections (unfortunately NOT gluten-free wocka wocka)
KitchenAid’s Precision Press Coffee Maker (on promo for under $130) for fellow coffee snobs.
**Disclaimer, as a blogger, I receive a discounted ticket price to International Food Bloggers Conference by promoting the conference before and after the event. By posting about Sur La Table, I’m also entered to win KitchenAid products. But as you can tell from last year, I’m just pretty stoked that I get to partner with any of these awesome brands.**