Shop with Your Heart every time you walk into a grocery store. Pledge to purchase more humanely-raised animal products, or go plant-based!Give farm animals better lives.
What’s next? VISIT THIS GUIDE: http://www.aspca.org/take-action/help-farm-animals/meat-eggs-dairy-label-guide to learn more about what type of certification you should be looking for on your meat, eggs, and dairy. When I purchase meat from Whole Foods, I look for the Global Animal Partnership. I can choose poultry from a step process – where each step gives the animal greater outdoor access, freedom, and what I assume is lots of hugs and being told that they can be anything they want to be when they grow up, like an astronaut. While vegans would tell me to just quit eating meat, if I’m going to eat an animal, I might as well make sure that it was taken care of before it was slaughtered. I truly believe you should meet your meat and care for how it was raised and taken care of before it makes its way to the grocery store.
What can you do?
1. Make the pledge to be a more welfare-conscious shopper: aspca.org/shopwithyourheart.
When you pledge you’ll be asked to do one or more of the following:
- I’ll choose products bearing credible animal welfare certifications
- I’ll ask my grocer to carry more welfare-certified products
- I’ll buy more plant-based products
- I’ll share the Shop With Your Heart resources with friends
Everyone who signs the pledge will gain access to a Shop With Your Heart Grocery List, including welfare-certified and widely available plant-based brands.
2. Post a pic of yourself on Instagram, Twitter, Snapchat, etc. making the “heart hands’ to show solidarity with the movement!Use the hashtag #ShopWithYourHeart and tag @ASPCA.
Pledge to shop with your heart. I also have a cool little swag bag full of ASPCA goodies! Enter to win using the Rafflecopter widget below and make sure you pledge to SHOP WITH YOUR HEART!