I travel a lot now. Sometimes it’s about 20-25 trips a year. Some months, I travel every weekend. While travel can be fun, it can also be grueling and exhausting and challenging. Sometimes I’m in cities that have so many awesome gluten-free restaurants and sometimes I’m in towns that don’t quite get what gluten-free even means. So I always travel with an arsenol of products to keep me surviving those challenging weekend.
This post contains affiliate links to the products that I love and use the most. If you click and purchase, I get a small (very small) percent of that purchase. This post is sponsored by OWYN and I was provided product and compensation. Thank you to these amazing sponsors!
I came home from my last trip and emptied out my bag to show you exactly what I travel with on these trips. Here’s how I pack for gluten free travel!
FOR THE BATHROOM
- Red Apple Lipstick: Rallye balm, lipstick, + mascara (affiliate)
- Daily Concepts: Exfoliating Body Scrubber
- Preparation H Totables -These are individually-wrapped flushable wipes that are safe for your number one or your number two
- Poo-Pourri – If I have a roommate when I travel, this is a must.
- Charmin Strong Toilet Paper – I cannot be the only one that travels with my own toilet paper!
- Healthy HooHoo – the only feminine wash I use – Amazon sells the wash, the foaming cleanser, and the individually-wrapped wipes
- Oral Essentials toothpaste and mouthwash
- Earth Mama or Primal Pit Paste travel-sized “natural” deodorants
- The Seaweed Bath Company body cream for dried-out hands from the flight
- Radius – individually wrapped floss sachets
- BeautyCounter Clean & Rinse shampoo and conditioner
- DermaE facial scrub
- DermaE hydrating facial wipes
- DermaE firming magnetic clay mask
FOR THE FLIGHT
- Peppermint essential oil roll-on for nausea and airsickness
- Boogie Wipes – saline nose wipes (for dry noses on the plane!)
- Tummydrops for nausea and airsickness
FOR THE ROOM
- Enzymedica Digest Gold digestive enzymes – to help digest any meal
- Enzymedica Purify charcoal tablets – just in case you accidentally are exposed to gluten
- OWYN protein powder – to use in a protein shaker
- OWYN ready-to-drink protein shakes – ready to take in your purse or backpack on the road
- GF Harvest oatmeal packets
- Reusable silverware from Joseph Joseph
And of course, I never leave home without Nice ‘n Clean wipes, because I cannot afford to get sick on the road. I literally wipe down everything – from the hotel room remotes and light switches, to my entire seat on the flight to and from home!
Yes, I’m always on the road. And yes, I AM always tired, but I wouldn’t trade this life for anything. . . . This is my quintessential #roadlife trade booth photo. All my babies on my suitcase (that I often have to replace every year due to TSA wear and tear. My reusable silverware 🍴 kit with @gf_harvest oatmeal pouch, my @starbucks my @lacroixwater and my @liveowyn #vegan #dairyfree #glutenfree ready-to-drink protein shake. And my @nimasensor just in case things get questionable up in here. And my magazine I pour my heart ❤ and soul into every two months. . . . Sometimes life is hard you guys, but it’s incredible. I put be meeting fans and readers all across this country. I literally cannot do this without your support. Thank you. #sponsored #glutenfree #glutenfreeblog #glutenfreeblogger #glutenfreemagazine @myglutenfreeworldexpo #Utah #Travel #TravelBlog #TravelBlogger
I love working with brands that help support my life on the road. One of these brands is OWYN, only what you need. Their protein drinks provide the protein, vitamins, minerals, and nutrition I need to survive these weekend warrior days on the road. I love that they gluten-free, but also free from top allergens (including dairy – no thank you whey!).
You too can win with OWYN, even if you’re not traveling any time soon! These shakes are great for in your purse, before your next barre class, or during road trips!
Use the widget below to enter to win a package of OWYN Ready-To-Drink food allergy friendly and gluten-free protein shakes – ready for your next gluten-free travel adventure!
Tagged: dairy free, gluten free, Gluten Free Travel, OWYN, Sponsored, Travel
I would love to try any of the OWYN shakes…..but really….. can anything ever be wrong with chocolate?!?!?
I love that they test!
I haven’t found a protein shake that doesn’t bother my stomach. I would love to try these.
Choc and vanilla
I’d love to try the cold brew coffee shake! I never end up buying protein shakes because they are just another thing to look at the ingredients and do research on (and sometimes I’m too damn tired of doing that!) It’s so good to know these are gluten and dairy free!
Where do you buy them in Phoenix?
Hi Eleanor! In Phoenix, Vitamin Shoppe!
I just tried OWYN shakes at the GF Expo in Chicago today and they are awesome!
The OWYN shakes are amazing. Def will be taking chocolate, or cold brew with me on my next trip!
Dark chocolate for me please! 🙂
I want to travel with dark chocolate.
The chocolate flavor sounds good to me!
I’m plain, I’d like to try the vanilla!
I would travel with the cold brew coffee. I don’t drink coffee at home so this would be a special treat.
I would love to try any of them. BRB headed to the store to buy some.
I love there products.
I would love to try the chocolate flavor first followed by all the rest! haha
I would like to try the vanilla first!