You know I love Crunchmaster crackers. I especially love that I can easily find them anywhere – I don’t have to look for them at a specialty store. But did you know that you can also use them in stuffing, breading, and more – yes, even meatballs. Check out this Gluten Free Chicken Meatballs recipe from Crunchmaster for chicken meatballs. Use this for the Super Bowl weekend and beyond! Feel free to also use ground turkey instead of chicken to mix it up.
- 1 cup Crunchmaster® Sea Salt Multi-Grain Crackers
- 1 pound ground chicken
- One 1 inch piece fresh ginger, grated or finely minced (or use Garden Gourmet fresh herbs)
- 2 small garlic cloves, grated or finely minced
- 4 scallions (green onions), finely minced
- 2 tablespoons gluten free soy sauce
- ½ teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1 large egg, lightly beaten (or egg substitute like flax gel or Neat Egg)
Makes about 30 meatballs.
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Spray 2 baking sheets with gluten free, non-stick cooking spray and set aside.
- Grind the Crunchmaster® crackers in a blender or food processor to fine crumbs.
- Pour into a large mixing bowl, then add the remaining ingredients. Mix to combine.
- Shape into small balls using about 1 tablespoon of mixture per ball. Place on the prepared baking sheets and spray the meatballs lightly with gluten free, non-stick cooking spray.
- Bake for 15 minutes or until the meatballs are browned and feel firm to the touch.
- Remove the meatballs to a plate lined with paper towels to absorb any extra fat.
- Serve with Thai Peanut Sauce.
Thai Peanut Sauce
- 1/3 cup creamy peanut butter (or SunButter)
- 3 tablespoons honey (or agave/honey alternative)
- 1 small garlic clove, grated or finely minced
- One 1 inch piece of fresh ginger, grated or finely minced (or use Garden Gourmet fresh herbs)
- ½ teaspoon sesame oil
- Juice of 2 limes
- 1 tablespoon gluten free soy sauce
- ¼ teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes (or use Garden Gourmet fresh herbs)
Makes about ½ cup sauce
- Combine all the ingredients in small mixing bowl and mix well.
- Microwave for a few seconds and stir until smooth.
- Serve with the chicken meatballs.
What are YOU going to make for this BIG GAME? I’m going to put these gluten free chicken meatballs on my game-day list!