It’s almost Valentine’s Day which means the interwebs will be dripping with disgusting, lovey, dovey, adorable, barf-worthy stories of love. This is one of them.
Udi’s Gluten Free just launched a campaign all about Squad Goals for V-Day. Specifically, it’s about gluten-free squad goals. If you don’t know about squad goals, learn more from Taylor Swift here. Now, I’ve got a squad full of gluten-free ladies that are definitely rival of T-Swift’s squad full of Amazonian models – superheroes of the GF world like Kyra’s Bake Shop, G-Free Foodie and more. But for Valentine’s Day I just need my squad of one (well, one human and two fur children). Here’s my #SquadGoals when it came to my significant other:
- Supportive and Understanding of my health issues, my time I spend on my blog, and my anxiety about food.
- Handsome but I still want to be the prettiest one in the relationship. Okay, I’ll give this one a little leeway. I just want to look better in yoga pants than he does.
- Funny like side-splitting funny, witty comeback funny, anything to make me laugh.
- Willing to Netflix and Chill and know that I like to be left alone too sometimes to be an introvert, and that I don’t want to go out partying all the time.
- Ability to eat all of my leftovers especially all the food I really didn’t like the first time around.
- And love. I mean, love is pretty important in a relationship. Not lust. Not friendship. Love. Like The Notebook love. Okay, not the Notebook love, that was just <eye rolls>…ugh, that movie.
And it’s been about 5 years with my #GFSquad of four (not pictured, two cats) and today I’d like to say a big “thanks” for being part of my epic squad to this guy. Non-GFBF. My non-gluten-free boyfriend who is mostly gluten-free and all mine.
We’ve been everywhere together! As I was putting together a collage of our highlights, I remembered highlights from our trips across the country – The Grand Canyon, Seattle, Chicago, Pasadena, Tucson, San Fran, Salt Lake City, Sundance, and Denver (left to right, top to bottom). We’ve traversed across the state of Arizona, small towns and vineyards to the huge national parks. We’ve visited top gluten-free bakeries in Portland and also eaten out of our suitcases when the travel plans were as lucrative.
After five years, I still think you’re pretty cool at least 90% of the time, which is a pretty good percentage. Plus, have you seen those nightmares on Tinder? No thanks. Also, we both love Udi’s bagels and coffee in the morning – a perfect squad activity.
- To participate in the #GFSquad contest with Udi’s, share a photo of your gluten-free supporter on Instagram with a short description of how this person has supported you during your gluten-free journey.
- This contest will run 2/1-2/19
- In your post, tag Udi’s (@udisglutenfree) and include #GFsquad
- What can you win? One (1) First Prize: $500.00 VISA® gift card. One (1) Second Prize: $400 VISA® gift card. Four (4) Third Prizes: $250 VISA® gift card. Total Approximate Retail Value (“ARV”) all prizes: $1,900.00.
- FIND ALL THE RULES HERE: http://udisglutenfree.com/gfsquad-rules/
- Don’t worry, I can’t win because I’ve already won with Udi’s GF (and hopefully they’re gonna send me a box full of bagels anyways – hint hint).
**I’m a sponsored blogger for Udi’s Gluten Free, but as you know from my blog and IRL, I purchase Udi’s products with my own gluten-free dollars and change. While I am being compensated for this post, I honestly am thankful for my #GFSquad – my dude and extended support system and am thankful to Udi’s to let me show it off on a larger scale. Thanks Udi’s!**
Tagged: #GFSquad, #SquadGoals, GF Squad, gluten free, Squad Goals, Udi's, Valentine's Day
All the hearts on this one! <3
Love all the pics, and your posts are always fun to read!