It’s finally here! It’s the Canyon Bakehouse #CanyonBagelBattle! The Canyon Bakehouse Bagel Battle begins July 30. Starting today, you can vote for your favorite bagel recipe (hopefully mine) out of four amazing bagel recipes by top gluten-free bloggers (hey, that’s me!). You can vote once a day until August 13th! I’m asking for your votes because our winning charity of choice will receive a $10K donation! Help Canyon Bakehouse choose a winning recipe (again, hopefully mine) and you could win a year supply of bread! Now, the other bloggers have BIG followings, so I’m the underdog in this competition – so it’s pretty fitting that I went with a companion animal-based charity! I’m fighting for Best Friends Animal Society! And you can help me win big for kitties and doggies across the country!
A huge thank you to Canyon Bakehouse for selecting me to be one of the four gluten-free influencers for the Bagel Battle! I am honored! This post is sponsored by Canyon Bakehouse and #CanyonBagelBattle!
Vote for Celiac and the Beast in the #CanyonBagelBattle
Canyon Bakehouse has made it easy to vote for me in the #CanyonBagelBattle. First you can VOTE, once a day, each day! Next, you can share about the contest on social. And, for extra credit you can recreate your favorite #CanyonBagelBattle recipe and post about it on social media. And if my recipe gets the most votes? Canyon Bakehouse donates $10,000 to the winner’s charity of choice. Mine is Best Friends Animal Society and I hope to give you a compelling reason to vote for my bagel!
Why Best Friends Animal Society?
Why did I choose Best Friends Animal Society? Because I’ve been volunteering at local animal shelters and saving homeless animals has become a passion of mine. I volunteer every week in a neonatal kitten ward, with bottle baby kittens and puppies. Best Friends Animal Society also has a huge neonate kitten nursery and is helping to save Los Angeles kittens! Best Friends Animal Society has the nation’s largest sanctuary for homeless animals, and provides adoption, spay/neuter, and educational programs. They are also a no-kill shelter.
Want to get more involved with Best Friends Animal Society?
- Give a one-time donation to Best Friends Animal Society.
- Sponsor a sanctuary pet. For example, I met a cat named Bubbles that has Ehlers Danlos Syndrome, JUST LIKE ME!
- Find a supporting network near you. Here in Phoenix, they showcase Altered Tails, a parter of the organization that I work with here in Phoenix to provide low cost spay and neuter for domestic animals.
- Become an advocate. Help Best Friends Animal Society by ending puppy mills, protecting community cats, ending breed discrimination, and more.
- Learn how to help community cats right in your own neighborhood by using TNR.
- Volunteer at any of the Best Friends Animal Society locations in Los Angeles, Utah, New York, or Atlanta.
- And of course, help me win in the #CanyonBagelBattle so we can get $10,000 for Best Friends Animal Society!
Balsamic Berry Bagel Recipe for #CanyonBagelBattle
Who says you can’t have dessert for breakfast? With Canyon Bakehouse’s blueberry bagels, you can incorporate the sweetness of fruit with your breakfast, along with savory whole grains from brown rice and sorghum. Top with tart cream cheese and balsamic vinegar paired with sun-sweetened berries and herbaceous and citrusy basil.
- 1/2 cup strawberries
- 1/2 cup blueberries
- 1/2 cup blackberries
- 1/4 raspberries (optional)
- 1 bunch basil (Italian, Sweet, or Lemon varieties preferred)
- A drizzle (1-2 tablespoons to taste) ginger blackberry balsamic vinegar
- 1 Container dairy-free cream cheese
- 2 Canyon Bakehouse Blueberry Bagels
- Wash all fruits and herbs, and remove stems
- Slice strawberries into thin horizontal slices and chop other berries into smaller pieces
- Combine berries into a small bowl
- Chiffonade basil and combine basil into the berries and toss to incorporate basil evenly
- Drizzle balsamic vinegar on berry mixture and toss
- Spread cream cheese liberally on both sides of the bagels
- Spoon berry mixture on top of cream cheese
- Save and use extra berry mixture, topped with whipped cream, for dessert