Celiac and the Beast Maple Vanilla Toasted Walnut Chocolate Chip Cookie Recipe
I am shocked at how much I love baking with the Ryze gluten-free flour blue bag! I use it for all of my cookie recipes, like my Bourbon Vanilla Chocolate Chip Cookies!
My favorite part of these cookies is the addition of toasted walnuts. Not only does my house smell great during the toasting process, it really makes the flavor of the walnuts shine through. Using granulated maple sugar makes these cookies turn into a fall classic!
- 2 cups Ryze Blue Bag Flour Mix (affiliate link)
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 2 sticks dairy-free butter
- 3/4 tsp salt
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 3/4 cup maple sugar (I use Crown Maple Sugar – affiliate)
- 3/4 cup brown sugar
- 2 eggs or egg alternative (I used flax egg)
- 1 cup toasted walnuts
- 1 cup Enjoy Life Foods chocolate chips
These directions come from the Ryze blue bag! It’s just that easy!
- Preheat the oven to 350 F, and spread your walnuts onto a baking pan. Once the oven is ready, toast the walnuts for 8-10 minutes, checking to make sure they don’t burn. Once toasted, set aside and turn off oven.
- In a medium-size mixing bowl, whisk together the RYZE Blue Flour Blend and baking soda and set aside.
- In a large mixing bowl, KitchenAid stand mixer, or Bosch Universal Plus stand mixer, cream the dairy-free butter until as fluffy as possible. Add the salt and vanilla and beat. Add the two sugars. Beat well until the mixture is smooth. Add the eggs or egg substitutes and beat. Add half of the flour mixture at a time, beating after each addition. Fold in the chocolate chips and toasted walnuts.
- Allow dough to chill in the refrigerator for at least 15 minutes before baking. I prefer 30 minutes.
- Search the kitchen far and wide for where you put your parchment paper. Find it hidden in with the cat food. Line four cookie sheets with parchment paper. While the cookies are chilling, preheat the oven to 375 F. If you’ve left the oven on the entire time since toasting the walnuts, that’s okay too – I’m not here to judge you.
- Drop tablespoons of cookie dough (heaping teaspoons for smaller cookies) about 2 inches apart onto prepared cookie sheets.
- Bake 12 to 14 minutes, or until bottoms are golden browned. Remove from the oven and cool completely before removing from the cookie sheets.
This post contains affiliate links. When you click on one and then buy something, I get a bit of a kick-back from the brand as a “thank you.”
Fall Gluten-Free Cookie Exchange
All of my fellow blogger recipes in this Fall Cookie Exchange are ALL gluten-free! They’re also ALL free from dairy, and many are top 8 free or at least free from eggs.
- The Urben Life Vegan Pumpkin Spice Sugar Cookies
- Life After Wheat Copycat Swig Sugar Cookies
- Allergy Girl Eats Chocolate Chip Chickpea Cookies
- Veggie Inspired Soft Baked Vegan Pumpkin Cookies with Maple Frosting
- Flippin’ Delicious Gluten Free Snickerdoodles
- The Fit Cookie Gluten Free SunButter Cookies
- Allergylicious Chocolate Chip Cookie Bar
- Chelsey Amer Nutrition Allergy-Friendly Pumpkin Oatmeal Cookies
- Eat at Our Table Apple Spice Snickerdoodles
- The Prioritized Group Pumpkin Spice Crinkle Cookies
- and of course, these Maple Vanilla Walnut Chocolate Chip Cookies!
Cookie Swap Instagram Giveaway
To celebrate the beginning of fall (or for me – praying that the end of 100 degree weather comes very very quick), we’re launching a giveaway with some of my favorite gluten-free bloggers! Want to win a KitchenAid on Instagram? Of course you do!
- September 16th, we’re kicking off your Monday Morning with a cookie baking frenzy. Bake any of the delicious cookie recipes from the Blog Hop Cookie Swap. You’ll probably want to try my Maple Vanilla Walnut ones first!
- Post a photo of your cookies and tag #fallcookiexchange and @fallcookieexchange. (Make sure you’re following @CeliacandtheBeast and the @fallcookieexchange accounts and each of the bloggers listed on it too!) You will have until Friday, September 19th at midnight CST to post your masterpieces (or just photos of our recipes)!
- Once the swap ends, we’ll draw one lucky participant to win a $350 KitchenAid Mixer. This giveaway is not affiliated with Instagram, and is available for US residents 18 years or older.
Tagged: cookies, dairy free, gluten free, gluten free recipe, recipe, Ryze
I haven’t used Ryze yet but I hear so many people that love it. Will have to grab a bag and use it when I make this recipe.
Love the walnuts in these!! Perfect treat for fall 🙂