Natural Grocers Launches in Scottsdale Arizona
Thanks to an excellent PR firm, I had a chance to tour the NEW Natural Grocers in Scottsdale Arizona (Thunderbird & Scottsdale rd.) this past week. The Grand Opening was August 11th, just a few days before the 60th anniversary of the first Natural Grocers store on August 13th all day. There are currently 99 stores in 17 states, including Arizona.
You all know that I love my natural grocery stores – stores like Whole Foods and Sprouts have dominated the scene in Arizona and I spend most of my free time shopping there. I’m familiar with the Natural Groceries (aka old school Vitamin Cottage) brand, and was very excited to see it come to my neck of the woods. Although it’s about a 30 minute drive from my place, it’s worth the visit to stock up on natural foods every now and then at Natural Grocers.
So why should you plan on visiting a Natural Grocers? I learned a lot about the brand that I’d like to share with you!
- They are focused on the ancestral movement – taking back our food supply and focusing on whole foods, real ingredients, and health – before things got super weird in our food supply (my words not theirs).
- EDAP which is their focus on “Every Day Affordable Prices.”
- ALL produce, yes ALL produce at Natural Grocers is 100% USDA certified organic produce.
- There are strict meat (raised without antibiotics, or feed containing animal bi-products) and dairy standards (pasture-based) in the store.
- There are banned items in the store: artificial colors, flavors, sweeteners, preservatives, and trans-fat, as well as MSG, irradiated food, and hydrogenated or partially hydrogenated oils. They’ve also got bans on beauty product ingredients like mineral oil, petroleum, parabens, phthalates, and talc.
There are some photos from my time there during the soft launch. Enjoy!
Some of the coupons available from the first few weeks of opening!
MEAT MEAT MEAT!
Seriously, do you SEE all of the gluten-free food?!?!?!
Have you been to a Natural Grocers? What did you think? Are there things there that you can’t find anywhere else?
*Please note that the bulk bin items that are pre-packaged are also packaged in a facility that contains wheat, so they do not consider them gluten-free for cross-contamination purposes.*
**DISCLAIMER: I received a gift card for visiting the new store location and attend a seminar about the brand along with touring the store on their soft opening. This does not change my views or attitudes towards Natural Grocers.**