In late March 2012, I decided to change my life. No, that’s not when I was gluten-free, it’s when I launched my blog – Celiac and the Beast. This is back when restaurants were just starting to understand the phrase “gluten free” and when I was still calling celiac – Celiac disease (it’s lowercase – it’s not named for anyone). I just started to understand the intricacies of dining out – like no shared fryers, no use of regular oats, and other tips that sometimes takes learning directly from experience. Boy, did I have a lot to learn about the gluten-free world then, and I’m happy that you’ve come along with me for the journey!
What a Huge 7 Years!
Since 2012, I’ve travelled across this country visiting small and large cities talking about living gluten-free. I even wrote a book about celiac disease called Celiac and the Beast and you can buy it on Kindle or Paperback on Amazon right now!
Since 2012 I’ve:
- Attended 5? 6? (the endless aisles blend together) Expo West trade shows and several Expo East trade shows with New Hope Network
- Attended three International Home & Housewares Shows in Chicago
- Attended the Enjoy Life Foods factory grand opening in Jeffersonville Indiana (#EatFreelyUSA)
- Attended Digestive Disease Week two times (and a third coming up) and International Celiac Disease Symposium once
- Was the managing editor for the largest gluten-free magazine (Gluten Free & More)
- Had a successful line of gluten-free apparel – one of the first in the GF apparel game!
- Helped celebrate and fundraise for the inaugural Kansas City Step Beyond Celiac KC5K for Beyond Celiac
- Was on Good Morning Austin, Good Day Columbus (remember when they booted my segment for an opossum?) and other Arizona media
- Watched an alpaca being born (#EatFreelyUSA) AND watched a pig being born (read “Meeting Your Meat”)
- Visited Disney World three times including during the Generation GF Inaugural Teen Summit
- Visited Disneyland one billions times including Disney’s 90’s Night!
- I was sent to Hawaii to report on Disney’s Aulani Resort.
- Spoke at BlogHer 2017
- Told the world about my eating disorder story.
- I took over 500 classes at Pure Barre and survived to tell about it.
- Traveled to Portland one million times (even one for a blogger retreat)
- Visited Napa with a blogger retreat and managed to survive without a hangover
- Had another colonoscopy, one knee surgery, one exploratory laproscopy and one hysterectomy
- Won one of the Best Gluten-Free Website, Best Gluten-Free Book, and Best Gluten-Free Blogger from the Gluten Free Buyers Guide Annual Gluten Free Awards
- Was on a gluten-free podcast
- Became an official cat blogger and I lost a best friend.
- I dressed up like a construction worker to promote Canyon Bakehouse’s new Heritage Loaf.
- I yelled at Party City for calling us gross and then yelled at gluten-reduced beer – a lot.
- Helped promote the launch of numerous celiac health products including Nima Sensor, Gluten Detective and imaware, community platforms like the Go Beyond Celiac community, and helped explain the launch of 23andMe’s celiac gene test to non-health literate.
- Hung out with only the coolest gluten-free bloggers and health influencers and made life-long friendships
So happy blogging anniversary to me!And for those of you that have been around since the first post – THANK YOU!
Celebrate With Me
Let’s celebrate together! I’m giving away a copper KitchenAid stand mixer so say thanks! I’ll also be giving away lots of amazing yummies from sponsors Enjoy Life Foods and Schar! They’ve been such big supporters over the past years and I’m happy to be celebrating with them!
Stay tuned to more blog posts featuring Enjoy Life Foods and Schar and each one will have a SWEET giveaway! And stay tuned to my Instagram, that will also feature tasty gluten-free giveaways!
Enter the Giveaway Here
Use the Rafflecopter widget below to enter yourself into the big giveaway!
PIN THIS FOR LATER
This promotion is sponsored by Schar and Enjoy Life Foods, along with Celiac and the Beast